Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

I Can See The Future (On My Face)

It's a new decade on Friday. Over the past month or so, numerous geeky blogs have been recapping predictions people have made about the 2000s or the year 2010, and probably a few of them have been listing predictions for the next decade*. It's gotten me thinking about the predictions I've encountered in the past, mostly in contexts such as "lol isn't it funny what people thought in the '60s?"

For whatever reason, the three predictions that always come to mind first are computer glasses, disposable paper clothing, and computer wristbands. If you knew me in real life, you'd know I'm not fixated on fashion by a long shot, so I have no idea why I always remember the stuff about clothing.

I do really want computer glasses, though. And guess what? They're real**, and they can beam images onto your retinas.*** They're available as ski goggles, too.**** You can also find glasses filled with fluid,***** so you can continually adjust your prescription, and you can buy glasses with detachable USB drives******.

If you don't wear glasses, you can always wear transition contacts instead******.

There are actually several kinds of fluid glasses. TED has a video about another pair:



I think that's enough links (and asterisks) for the day. I haven't exhausted my future fashion links by any means, but I'll get to those later.

*I can't follow every site, okay?
** Gizmodo
*** Gizmodo
**** Gizmodo
***** Engadget
****** Gizmodo
******* Gizmodo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On a bit of a tangent, I was tearing apart one of our short term bus tickets today and managed to find an extremely thin circuit board in there.