Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Writing Update, or Why I Woke At Noon

I've gotten some good writing done in the last couple days. I don't know exactly how much because I'm not tracking word count, but my guess is about 2000 to 2500 words. It may not sound like a lot, but for me during revisions, it is. Unfortunately, a side effect of making progress seems to be staying up until ungodly hours of the morning. Ungodly even for me, who normally goes to bed around two. I'm a little behind on sleep right now and as a result don't have the brain to write an intelligent post, so you won't be getting one today. Sorry.

In the Last Few Days I've Written or Fixed:

  • Hero meeting a new friend
  • Hero beating himself up for lying to the police for the second time
  • Hero getting chewed out for being an idiot (a.k.a. introducing a character)
  • Hero being beat up
  • Hero chewing himself out for running away after being beat up
  • Hero getting to know his new friend a little better
Everything includes foreshadowing, either for my hero's story arc or the mystery arc. I think I'm doing pretty well, all considered. The next scene I have to look at, more to "accept changes" than fix things, involves my hero being chewed out by a different person for being an idiot . (In the course of the novel, I think he gets chewed out and/or yelled at about eight times.)

What've you been writing lately?

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I just started the vampires vs. robots thing this afternoon. Every line is making me laugh. :-)

Anassa said...

Awesome, Hannah! Good luck with the new MS!